Recognizing that potential candidates might have extensive industry experience or may have already obtained membership in other landscape design organizations, these candidates could consider applying for certification under the “Grandfathering“ provision rather than the writing the formal examination. Requirements for Grandfathering are:
- Full membership in any professional landscape design certification (to be approved on application by the Review Committee.)
- A minimum of 12 years of combined education and work experience in landscape design. For example, a candidates who completed a 3-year degree or diploma or equivalent in a pertinent course should have 9 years of full-time work experience to meet this requirement, and
- Two formal sponsorship letters submitted by 2 certified landscape design professionals, and
- Submission of 3 relevant landscape projects, in which the applicant played an integral design role, for review.
- Appearance before a review committee is optional
> – View webinar regarding the CLD grandfathering provision – As the CLD application under the grandfathering provision is currently evolving, the review committee will address specific inquiries raised by interested applicants.